Saturday, May 23, 2009

Easy Doughnuts


Ever since I made homemade bagels my daughter has been begging me to make homemade doughnuts. We happened to be watching a cooking show the other day where they used refrigerated biscuits to make them. So that's exactly what we did! And they were easy and super yummy. :)

Easy Doughnuts
refrigerated biscuits
oil
toppings

Heat 1 inch oil in a skillet. Separate biscuits and flatten a little with your hand. Using a small round cookie cutter, cut a hole in each biscuit. (I didn't have any small circles so we used hearts instead! You could also use the cap of a water bottle.) Fry the biscuits and the holes in the oil until brown on each side. Top them with whatever you want. We did half in just sugar and half in a frosting made of powdered sugar & milk. Both tasted great!

1 comment:

Cortney said...

Oh my kids would love these. Thank you so much for posting this recipe. I think I will make these this weekend.