Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oven "Fried" Chicken Chimichangas


I make these just so I have an excuse for fresh guacamole. :)

2/3 c. salsa
1 t. ground cumin
1/2 t. dried oregano
2 c. chicken, cooked & shredded
1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
2 green onions, chopped
1 can black beans, drained (optional)
8 flour tortillas
2 T. butter, melted

Preheat oven to 400ยบ and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Mix together everything but the tortillas and butter. Place 1/2 c. chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla. Fold opposite sides over filling. Roll up from bottom and place seam side down on baking sheet. Brush the chimichangas with the melted butter. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and crispy. Garnish with additional cheese, green onion, olives, sour cream, guacamole, or salsa as desired.

4 comments:

Cortney said...

I have really got to make those! Looks so yummy.

Nina T. said...

I'm gonna make these tonite! Looks yummy!

Day said...

mmm so trying this one!

Nina T. said...

Ok so I made these and they were soooooooo good!!! I actually used turkey thigh meat and really, they were so good that DH said he was glad there were enough for him for lunch the next day! Thanks!