Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Classic Spritz Cookies

For Christmas, I got a cookie press made by Wilton. Never have made spritz cookies before I decided to start off with the recipe that appears on the box. I made these exactly as the recipe reads. Once cooled I dipped one half of the cookie in pink colored white chocolate.

1 1/2 cups butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 1/2 cups all-pupose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Thoroughly cream butter and sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla, and almond extract; beat well. Stir together flour and baking powder; gradually add to vreamed mixture, mising to make a smooth dough. Do not chill. Place dough into cookie press and press cookies onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Remove cookies from sheet; cool on rack.

Makes 7-8 dozen cookies.

My opinion: The cookies turned out dull tasting even with the white chocolate on them. My kids enjoyed them and I was told by others that they turned out good.

No comments: