Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sheppard's Pie

This is an oldie but goodie. My mom use to make this all the time when I was a kid. Of course then I wasn't a big fan but as I have gotten older I miss it. I have taken her recipe and added to it. Here is my version.

1lb ground beef
1 can green peas
fresh onion
mashed potatoes (using 5 med-lg potatoes)
cheese of your choice

1) Brown the ground beef with diced onion for taste. Add seasonings of your choice. I have used anything from just black pepper and salt to taco seasoning.
2) Place beef in the bottom of a casserole dish. (I typically use a 9x13 glass dish.) Then top with shredded cheese.
3) Drain can of peas and place on top of the cheese. Then top peas with more cheese.
4) Make another layer with the mashed potatoes and top with more cheese. (I have tried instant mashed potatoes and it doesn't turn out so well.)
5) Place in oven at 350 degrees until cheese melts.

No comments: