Sunday, June 7, 2009

Brown Sugar Chili

I found this recipe on the A Cherry on Top Forum....I can't recall who submitted it, but I felt it was worth a try...my kids hate spicy stuff so I hoped it would be a winner...

1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. prepared mustard
1 medium onion, chopped
2 14 oz cans Kidney beans, drained
1 pint (2 -12 oz cans) tomato juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp chili powder

1) Brown ground beef and onion in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir brown sugar and mustard into meat.

2) Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.

3) Cover. Cook on high 2 hours or low for 4 to 5 hours. If it's convenient, stir several times during cooking.


So while I really liked it, the family not so much.....hopefully you will try it and enjoy it too!!

No comments: