Monday, May 11, 2009

Spinach Pasta Soup

I must admit this is not a soup I would have tried based off of the recipe. But my mom made it for us once and I was hooked! It really tastes great and is super quick to make. Cooking the pasta is as long as it takes to prepare from start to finish -- can't beat that!

Spinach Pasta Soup

4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon tomato paste
salt & pepper to taste
4 cups fresh baby spinach
1 can corn, cooked
3 green onions, chopped
4 cups egg noodles, cooked (or whatever pasta you have on hand - I used Cars the other night!)

Cook pasta according to package instructions. Meanwhile, combine broth, water, tomato paste, salt & pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook 5-7 minutes. Serve with remaining ingredients as garnishes.

No comments: